RECIPE: BROWNIE COOKIES
These are my go-to chocolate cookies that I can’t ever stop obsessing over. So what makes these so special? Crispy cookie outside with a brownie center. I dieeeeeeeeee <3
- Adding a dash of ground coffee powder is a trick my mom taught me to use for any chocolate baked goods. It really does create a slightly more complex flavor rather than it just being pure chocolate.
- Cool your baking sheet beforehand by putting it in the fridge.
- These cookies will be very soft when you take them out of the oven, but will harden once you allow it to cool.
INGREDIENTS | TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN. / YIELD: ~2 DOZEN
- 20 oz. semisweet chocolate chips (8 oz. for melting and 12 oz. for mixing later)
- 4 tbs unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground coffee powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 8 ounces of chocolate chips in 20-25 second increments, stirring between each interval. Chocolate should be just melted enough to mix.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Add ground coffee powder.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add melted chocolate chips. Once combined, add flour mixture. Mix in remaining (12 ounces) chocolate chips.
- While the dough should be on the thinner side, if it is runny, place it in fridge until it hardens slightly
- Scoop dough onto baking sheet(s)
- Bake for 14 minutes until cookies have a crackled appearance. Cool on baking sheet before transferring to a baking wire.